Saturday, June 12, 2010

Radio Control Airplanes















A few years ago, my youngest son Chris got me into R/C airplanes. I had done some modeling when I was young but had to put it aside. Now I've picked it up again and it's a lot of fun.




I didn't like the trainer airplanes that were on the market. I wanted something a little nicer.
So I'm learning how to fly a Bellanca Super Decathlon. The wingspan is 66 inches and it is powered by an OS MAX 46. It's a bit more plane than I can handle. But I sure get some attention at the flying field. It's a really nice looking scale plane. And oh yeah, it's aerobatic too! I'm close to soloing in this plane. Chris is helping by doing the take off and landing and then he hands the controls over to me. I'm sure I scared the begeebers out of him when I do a corkscrew roll and not tell him ahead of time.


Last February Chris and Iwent to a model airplane auction. It was like being in airplane heaven. You name it and it was there.








This hobby is addictive!










No comments:

Post a Comment